The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) has prompted the U.S. Department of Education to re-emphasize, and in some cases revise, reporting requirements related to student eligibility for subsidized Direct Loans. USA Funds® University will examine those requirements in a series of webcasts in June.
MAP-21 eliminates subsidized Stafford loan eligibility for students who obtained subsidized Stafford loans for 150 percent of the published program length. To learn more, register for the following USA Funds University webcasts, scheduled from 2-3:30 p.m. Eastern time June 3-5.
The webcasts are available at no cost to schools.
June 3 — Academic Years: Reporting for the 150 Percent Limitations
Review the regulations and guidance governing academic years, and how accurately reporting the academic year and changes to an academic year can affect a student’s MAP-21 standing.
June 4 — Payment Periods and Loan Periods: What Are the Dates and When to Report Changes?
Explore the similarities and differences between payment periods and loan periods, and when to report and update loan period dates.
June 5 — Enrollment Status: Less Than Full Time and the Subsidized Usage Period
Discover what enrollment status to report and how a student’s enrollment status can change the resulting MAP-21 calculations.
For more webcast information and to enroll, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the USA Funds University learning system at www.usafundstraining.org.
- Click Catalog in the left navigation.
- Click Instructor Led Classes under the All Types heading.
- Type "webcast" in the Search Terms box at the top of the page.
- Click the Enroll in this Class button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an enrollment confirmation email after you register. You will receive login information the morning of the webcast.
Note: Registration will close at midnight the day before the scheduled webcast.
USA Funds will record the webcasts for posting along with supporting materials following the webcasts. Like all USA Funds University online financial aid training, the webcast recordings are available for accessing at any time. No special software or application is required.