Managing audits and program reviews, tax-filing requirements, and budget construction are among the 21 financial aid topics USA Funds® University will feature in its 2014 summer webcast series.
Targeted to financial aid professionals of varying levels of experience — beginning, intermediate and advanced — each of the webcasts is scheduled from 2-3:30 p.m. Eastern time. To view a complete schedule of topics and to register, visit www.usafundstraining.org.
The following are some highlights of the summer webcasts in the 2014 series, which begins July 15:
Beginner Webcasts — Tuesday webcasts cover financial aid basics for staff who are new to financial aid.
- July 15 — Types and Sources of Financial Aid.
- July 29 — Budget Construction.
- Aug. 26 — Awarding and Award Notification.
Intermediate Webcasts — Wednesday webcasts cover subjects beyond the fundamentals of financial aid.
- July 16 — Consumer Information.
- July 23 — Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Aug. 27 — Verification.
Advanced Webcasts — Thursday webcasts cover more advanced and complex financial aid administrative and operational issues.
- July 17 — Cohort Default Rates.
- Aug. 7 — Managing Audits and Program Reviews.
- Aug. 21 — Tax Filing Requirements.
For more webcast information and to enroll, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the USA Funds University learning system at www.usafundstraining.org.
2. Click Catalog in the left navigation.
3. Click Instructor Led Classes under the All Types heading.
4. Type "webcast" in the Search Terms box at the top of the page.
5. Click the Enroll in this Class button at the bottom of the page.
6. You will receive an enrollment confirmation email after you register. You will receive login information the morning of the webcast.
Note: Registration will close at midnight the day before the scheduled webcast.
Other workshops, webcasts
The summer webcast series is one of several USA Funds University financial aid training events underway or coming soon. You also may be interested in our spring workshops and webcasts and a webcast series on subsidized Direct Loan eligibility limits.