At the end of May, USA Funds® will update its award-winning USA Funds Life Skills® curriculum. In enhancing USA Funds Life Skills, USA Funds applied feedback from students and college administrators regarding the program.
The updated USA Funds Life Skills curriculum will offer:
- Students the ability to "pin" tools and resources they want to keep track of via Pinterest. Pins are visual bookmarks for resources you find anywhere on the Internet and want to visit again or share with others.
- Individual course and activity enhancements based on customer feedback and student-user feedback from surveys and USA Funds' customer support calls. Some examples include:
- Reformatting activities to further promote ease of use and enhance the learner experience.
- More graphics and interaction to engage learners.
- Resources that help students determine the average education cost for their selected program of study.
- Updating course content to maintain relevance, as well as address annual policy and legislative changes. Some examples include:
- Revising information about student loans and repayment options to reflect legislative changes that will be effective July 1, 2014.
- An updated list of careers included in the “salary calculator” activity.
- A recommended list of smartphone apps to assist with goal setting and budgeting.
With USA Funds Life Skills, students gain the practical skills to successfully navigate finances throughout their college and professional lives. At the same time, USA Funds Life Skills helps schools in efforts to improve their loan default and student retention rates.
Contact USA Funds for more information about how USA Funds can assist in financial literacy and borrower outreach efforts.