Need interactive, self-paced instruction on federal financial aid topics? Miss a USA Funds® University webcast? USA Funds offers online courses and archived webcasts — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A curriculum of nearly 40 USA Funds University online courses, updated for the 2013-2014 award year, addresses financial aid and related topics geared toward beginning and intermediate financial aid staff, new employees and student workers. The courses generally take an hour or less to complete. Key features of the online courses include:
- Intuitive course navigation and helpful features.
- Regulatory citations that provide an in-depth view of the topics.
- Course materials that are updated throughout the year to reflect changes in the award year, laws, regulations and other federal guidance.
- Relevant topics with opportunities to practice key concepts.
- End-of-course assessments to check users’ knowledge of the subject matter.
- Access to USA Funds Ask PolicySM experts, who can provide additional guidance on the topics presented.
- Transcripts that provide learners with a detailed history of online learning activity.
- Optional activity reports that offer supervisors a cumulative report of employees’ online training activity.
Nearly 10,000 learners from almost 250 schools have completed at least one USA Funds University online course. More than 98 percent of learners agreed in course surveys that the courses are a good use of their time and that the material is relevant to their jobs.
USA Funds University financial aid webcast recordings are available from the USA Funds website. Whether you missed an event or want to view it a second time, you can access the webcast recordings and materials at any time. No special software or application is required. The webcast recordings and materials cover topics such as:
- Cohort default rates.
- Federal update.
- Conflicting information.
- Tax-filing requirements.
- Common audit findings.
- Professional judgment.
Visit the USA Funds University page of the USA Funds website for more information about online training opportunities available anytime. You also can learn more about USA Funds University’s in-person workshops and interactive webcasts, as well as using USA Funds University’s newly upgraded learning system.
Contact USA Funds for additional details.