A new series of webcasts this month from USA Funds® University will help you prepare for the 2014-2015 award year.
The two-hour extended webcasts are scheduled from 2-4 p.m. Eastern time on the dates below and will cover the following topics:
Nov. 19 — Implementing the 2014-2015 Verification Regulations
The U.S. Department of Education continues to make changes to the verification process as it progresses toward its goal of a fully customized verification process.
Do you know which verification tracking group no longer will be used and what the new tracking group looks like? Have the required verification items changed? What is considered acceptable documentation?
In this webcast you’ll participate in case studies, and you’ll learn the changes for 2014-2015 to consider how they could affect your institution’s internal processes. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask your individual questions of USA Funds University’s training and policy staff.
Nov. 21 — Federal Update
Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century regulations place new rules on borrower eligibility for subsidized Direct Loans and require schools to provide additional loan counseling and report new information to ED. In addition, ED’s negotiated rulemaking sessions are sure to bring changes to education loans, gainful employment and state authorization. And the interest rate discussion in the U.S. Congress will have lasting effects for borrowers for years to come.
What are these changes, and how will they affect schools and students? Explore these new requirements through discussion, examples and case studies. Hear the most up-to-date information and review the changes planned for the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid and federal delivery system. USA Funds University training and policy staff also will be available to address your questions.
The webcasts will be recorded for future access, and no special software or application is required to view the recordings.
How to enroll
For more information and to enroll, follow these steps:
- Log in to the USA Funds University learning system at www.usafundstraining.org.
- Click Catalog in the left navigation.
- Click Instructor Led Classes under the All Types heading.
- Type webcast in the Search Terms box at the top of the page.
- Click the Enroll in this Class button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an enrollment confirmation email that includes an iCal appointment and additional information for accessing the training event. Save the iCal appointment to your calendar by double-clicking the attachment and accepting the appointment.
Note: Registration will close at midnight the day before the scheduled webcast.
Click here for more information and assistance regarding USA Funds University’s new learning system.