USA Funds® University
winter webcasts will focus on a wide range of financial aid fundamentals — from basic to complex.
Scheduled from 2-3:30 p.m. Eastern time between Jan. 7 and Feb. 26, the webcasts are available at no cost to schools.
Fundamentals Webcasts — A series of Tuesday webcasts will cover financial aid basics for those new to financial aid, including:
- Jan. 7 — Types and Sources of Financial Aid.
- Feb. 11 — Stafford/PLUS Loans: The Basics.
- Feb. 25 — Awarding and Award Notification.
Intermediate Webcasts — Wednesday webcasts will cover subjects beyond the fundamentals of financial aid, including:
- Jan. 8 — Policies and Procedures.
- Feb. 12 — Calculating the Expected Family Contribution.
- Feb. 26 — Tax Filing Requirements.
Advanced Webcasts — Thursday webcasts about more advanced and complex financial aid administrative and operational issues, including:
- Jan. 9 — Managing Audits and Program Reviews.
- Jan. 30 — Cohort Default Rates.
- Feb. 20 — Stafford/PLUS Loans: Loan Repayment Relief.
FAFSA Webcasts — A series of webcasts about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Jan. 14.
- Jan. 15.
- Jan. 16.
USA Funds will record the webcasts for posting along with supporting materials following the webcasts. USA Funds University recordings and materials can be accessed at any time, and no special software or application is required.
For more information and to enroll, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the USA Funds University learning system at www.usafundstraining.org.
- Click Catalog in the left navigation.
- Click Instructor Led Classes under the All Types heading.
- Type "webcast" in the Search Terms box at the top of the page.
- Click the Enroll in this Class button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an enrollment confirmation email after you register. You will receive login information the morning of the webcast.
Note: Registration will close at midnight the day before the scheduled webcast.