To enhance postsecondary education preparedness, access and success by providing and supporting financial and other valued services.
To promote “Completion with a Purpose” — supporting postsecondary students’ attainment of credentials and competencies that lead to productive and rewarding careers and thus to economic, civic, and creative contributions to their communities and to society.
The National Challenge
Currently, too few students are completing their postsecondary education, and many of those that do complete their academic programs find themselves burdened with unmanageable student loan debt and lacking the skills necessary to pursue fulfilling careers in the 21st century global workforce.
- USA Funds® provides philanthropic support to and engages in partnerships with selected state governments and metropolitan areas, national organizations, as well as colleges and universities and community-based organizations that share our vision of “Completion with a Purpose” by:
- Facilitating smoother pathways from campus to the workplace.
- Promoting innovative approaches to college and career preparation.
- Streamlining key education transitions.
- Building new frameworks for data-driven decision-making.
- USA Funds conducts and supports research into policies and solutions that connect postsecondary education finance and completion to careers and the workforce.
- USA Funds builds on its award-winning student loan debt management, default prevention and financial literacy services to offer a comprehensive suite of services that supports students throughout the college-to-career lifecycle, from preparation and planning for postsecondary education through readiness for the world of work.
- USA Funds provides services and programs that assist student loan borrowers and protect taxpayer interests on the outstanding Federal Family Education Loan Program loans that USA Funds guaranteed prior to July 1, 2010.
- Established as a nonprofit corporation in 1960 in Indianapolis by a group of local business leaders concerned about rising college costs.
- Supported $250 billion in financial aid for higher education and served more than 22 million students and parents, as well as thousands of educational and financial institutions nationwide.
- Since 2000, USA Funds has focused on the development of products and services that help colleges and universities promote student success, while awarding nearly $150 million in grants and scholarship support to help low-income and other students under-represented in higher education enroll in and complete postsecondary programs.