Develop, manage/contribute to strategic, administrative, operational and evaluation activities to support the grant life cycle from grant “concept” or “idea” through grant closure. Provide expertise and guidance to staff, grantees and potential grantees as necessary to enhance the quality, integrity and impact of grants made by USA Funds®.
- Ability to operate with an entrepreneurial mindset including effective organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities with tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience using sophisticated grants management software such as MicroEdge Gifts.
- Familiarity with the work, goals and operating environment of a charitable foundation.
- Five years in an education, philanthropic, business or public administration field.
- Progressively responsible supervisory experience including supervision of grants administration, data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in program design and development as well as evaluating and integrating data systems and processes; familiarity with grant-making systems a plus.
Grants Management (50%)
- Manage the work flow and effectiveness of the grant administration process, including grant program launches, evaluation of grant applications, and administration of grants once awarded to include:
- Grant application/RFP/LOI development, submission and review.
- Grant disbursement, monitoring, reporting and closeout processes.
- Training and technical assistance for current and potential grantees.
- Adherence to compliance and due diligence policies.
- System administration, database management and training, and development and use of measurement, evaluation and reporting tools and protocols.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the grants database.
- Report statistics on the grant administration process to internal and external constituents.
- Work with senior program directors to provide feedback to grant applicants and grantees.
- Support senior program directors in preparing grant application and management materials.
Reporting and Analysis (30%)
- Support efforts in coordination with senior program directors to gather quantitative and qualitative data from both internal and external constituents to enhance grant programs and processes, to include:
- Designing and developing assessment and reporting templates to support ongoing monitoring and reflection by management and senior program directors.
- Assisting in developing reports that demonstrate how programs are performing against corporate/departmental or programmatic goals and outcomes that promote data analysis/reflection and inform data-driven decision-making and ongoing program and process improvements.
Leadership and Management (20%)
- Develop, create and seek out new and better ways to meet and exceed high performance of grant administration functions.
- Set the tone for a responsive and problem-solving orientation around grant management.
- Strive to make the grant administration process as efficient and effective as possible.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration to integrate grant-making best practices into new and existing programs and activities.
- Contribute to the development of presentations, publications and board materials and evaluation processes that allow departments to track performance against stated objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in business, education, public administration, or finance or equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position based in Indianapolis, Ind.
Application deadline was Sept. 18, 2015.
Please reference requisition number 0131 in your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.