This role is responsible for technical and administrative support of enterprise applications that and activities of the technology platforms used to host/support USA Funds product such as (but not limited to) the learning management system, SharePoint, CRM, and/or additional web service integration tools. Administration involves monitoring end-user usage of systems, performing system configurations, performing daily administrative tasks that can include trouble-shooting, assisting end-user with application setup and usage, training, etc. The role also includes participation in the testing and assistance in the resolution of customer issues related to these technology platforms.
1. Administrative support of technology platforms - 30%
- Performs platform configuration/change management based on requirements of the product and enhancements, to achieve customer goals.
- Participates in defining, designing, prioritizing and implementing new configurations and/or functionality to administrated product platforms.
- Supports and assists with integration projects between systems and vendor systems.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data submitted to the system (platform dependent).
- Assists in the monitoring of product/platform usage trends and responsible for ensuring periodic report production/generation of this information.
2. Problems resolution - 30%
- Responds to escalated technical support issues, interfacing directly with the application providers or IT partners (i.e. SumTotal, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.) to promptly resolve issues.
- Collaborates with business and IT managers to prioritize support issues when resolution is not quickly accomplished.
- Monitors, researches, updates and prioritizes Tier 2 support issues. Provides issue resolution to product manager and Tier 1 support.
- Tracks requested features or unresolved items for future product enhancement consideration.
3. Testing - 20%
- Assists with drafting test scripts for new product/platform or enhancements to existing product.
- Executes pre- and post-validation tests for new product/platform features and/or configurations.
4. Training - 10%
- Identifies strategies to encourage adoption and appropriate use of existing platforms.
- Assists in the production of training materials and job aids to assist internal and external users with the use of supported products.
- Assists with the training of internal and external users on existing and new supported products.
- Maintains knowledge on new product features/capabilities as introduced by the product/platform vendor or provider.
- Trains staff on new product/platform features as they are introduced by the product/platform vendor or provider.
Professional level of knowledge in a specialized field acquired by completing a four-year college program is required. Specific field(s) of study: Management of information services, bachelor’s of business administration.
4-6 years total progressive experience working within a product development or product support environment with technical administrative experience.
- Working familiarity with web-based applications and administration.
- Project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with internal partners and external customers at multiple levels in the organization.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Specific knowledge of Microsoft products (SharePoint, Dynamics and Scribe).
- Microsoft SharePoint certification preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of learning management systems, configuration and support of them.
- Project management skills, with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of USA Funds business areas in support of technology needs.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: N/A
- Position duties require a very high degree of mental exertion, oral communication, negotiation and analytical skills. Job also requires the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals internal and external to USA Funds.
- Position’s duties involve minimal physical exertion.
- Position requires minimal travel, no greater than 10-15% of the position’s total time.
This position based in Indianapolis, Ind.
Reports to Technology Manager
Application deadline was July 21, 2016.
Please reference requisition number 0149 in your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.