A Product Manager is responsible for the entire product life cycle of a group of products that fall under the Product Manager’s area of concentration. This position is specifically responsible and is the decision-maker on all aspects of a product’s development — from idea initiation through implementation, support and eventual product discontinuation. This position focuses on concepting new business models, products and services using Lean Start-Up Methodology. This includes such items as establishing, planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific product goals and objectives inclusive of product initiation, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, product support, enhancements, customer focus and feedback, product research and competitive analysis, and the extension of the product into new markets and/or usages. This position requires a highly collaborative team player focused on organizational growth and success.
The position will include the potential for 10-15 percent travel depending on specific project/product assignments.
- Familiarity with the product development life cycles, including systems development life cycle methodology with requirements definition gathering, analysis and prioritization design, testing, implementation and product support.
- Ability to develop product goals, objectives and roadmaps.
- Product budget planning/establishment in conjunction with overall product goals and objectives.
- Assist in defining requirements and corresponding justification to prioritize product features.
- Proven ability to successfully partner with internal stakeholders from other functional and corporate areas and drive results, without direct reporting influence.
- Demonstrated ability to converse with technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Skilled in translating customer needs into product requirements.
- Experience in creating value propositions that resonate with the target audience.
- Capable of creating impactful, end user benefits messaging.
- Experience working in Lean Startup Methodology.
- Project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve where specific guidelines for resolution may be absent.
- Ability to holistically make product decisions based on limited information or multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs.
- Ability to create competitive market analysis.
- Proven track record of launching new products, managing product releases and developing go-to-market strategies.
- Experience aligning and ensuring end-to-end organizational readiness.
- Familiarity with student lending a plus.
- Highly self-motivated, passionate and team-oriented individual.
Specific field(s) of study
While none are specifically needed, Product Manager Certification credentials (such as an Association of International Product Marketing and Management —AIPMM — Certification) is desired.
Bachelor’s degree required.
5 years of experience acting in the role of Product Manager or 5 years of total progressive experience working within a product development environment is required.
Reports to: Vice President, Innovation & Product Management.
This position based in Indianapolis, Ind.
Application deadline is Dec. 11, 2015.
Please reference requisition number 0137 in your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Human Resources at email@example.com.