One position in West region, one position in Southwest region, and one position in Southeast region. Preferred location for each position: Within your region.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing new business relationships with postsecondary institutions and driving sales revenues as well as maintaining the current customer base. The Account Executive must have proven success in selling (and presenting) to senior management and C-level executives in postsecondary institutions in the Account Executive’s assigned territory. The Account Executive will sell USA Funds’ products and services and must exceed established annual sales goals.
This is a travel position that requires overnight travel within the assigned territory and to other related events, as deemed appropriate.
The Account Executive’s preferred location will be within the assigned region.
Acting as a trusted adviser and expert resource to school-customers, the Account Executive performs a wide variety of activities that include:
- Exceeding established annual sales revenue goals and other goals consistent with corporate objectives as identified by management. Grow customer base of business.
- Managing the entire sales process from prospecting to close, using consultative sales process.
- Conducting “cold calls” to prospective customers and calls to current customers to sell and implement USA Funds products and solutions.
- Effectively meeting, presenting, communicating and negotiating with senior management and C-level executive management, including the director of financial aid.
- Developing a sales pipeline to exceed annual sales goal.
- Serving as the primary advocate for product and service enhancements.
- Developing and updating annual sales plan for assigned territory.
- Participating in professional association activities, as deemed appropriate. Apply knowledge of industry, analytics and financial data to understand the customer’s business and challenges.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or higher education-related field, or must have a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field equivalent to that acquired by completing a four-year college program, with emphasis on sales.
- Proven success in exceeding sales goals, with the ability to close deals.
- 3–5 years of progressively more responsible experience and proven ability to sell to postsecondary institutions. Prior experience in working in education, financial services or default prevention services sales.
- Experience in directly negotiating with C-level staff at postsecondary institutions.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Good presentation skills.
- Energetic and motivated to attain goals.
- Results driven and a drive to succeed.
- Self-starter, takes initiative.
- Enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent negotiation abilities.
- Proficiency in computer operations.
- Able to conduct presentations and consulting in person, via telephone and WebEx.
- Experience in Federal Family Education Loan Program, Direct Loans and/or education loan industry.
Other Helpful Experience:
- Experience working with student loan default prevention and analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a default prevention company and with education loan programs.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity at the user level with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet applications.
- Developing sales plans.
- Experience in using a customer relationship management system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills. Proven ability to work with corporate level management teams at postsecondary education institutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of USA Funds’ postsecondary education institutional customers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USA Funds’ products and services.
- Courteous, persuasive and professional disposition, image, personality and reputation.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- School financial aid office or default prevention processes.
- Selling of software, servicing, consulting or other types of products and services.
Reports to Director of Sales.
Position closes Aug. 1, 2014.
Please reference requisition number 0124 in your application.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org