coLAB is a collaboration to hire student talent that meets the needs of employers, students and universities. USA Funds® is launching coLAB with the University of Indianapolis, and will match, place and help to support its students in jobs tied to their interests, talents and academic study. It is our intent to expand this model to other schools and to demonstrate how it can be a new platform for career development, providing employers the option to hire student talent to fill hard-to-staff jobs while lowering employee-acquisition costs.
The Student Services Director will coordinate all services related to the student side of the University of Indianapolis. The position will oversee the marketing to the students, evaluate and interview the students, and assist with the placement of students with partner employers. This position will also serve as the primary point of contact with the students in coLAB. This position will report to the Senior Director of University-Employer Relations.
- Oversee the marketing plan for students, working directly with our marketing firm and UIndy staff on all student marketing issues.
- Communicate regularly with students.
- Create a focus group of students to seek feedback on their experience with coLAB.
- Review applications, evaluate and interview students.
- Assist the Senior Director of University-Employer Relations with matching students to employers.
- Create student surveys, and evaluate surveys.
- Work with the university to establish specific corrective action plans for each student when gaps are identified by the employers.
- Assist with the building of the IT platform for students.
- Coordinate soft skills training and certificate program with UIndy.
- Coordinate coLAB’s sponsorship of student events.
- Assist USA Funds staff with educational events/meetings for their coLAB student employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills (specifically Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to pay attention to details in designing, implementing and maintaining systems, projects and programs.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: N/A.
The work is completed primarily at USA Funds’ corporate office in Indianapolis, with time also spent at the University of Indianapolis.
Reports to Senior Director of University-Employer Relations.
This position based in Indianapolis, Ind.
Please reference requisition number 0150 in your application.
Position deadline was July 21, 2016.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Talent Managment-Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org