The vice president of IT Planning and Policy position is a proactive leadership role that is responsible for effective and efficient processes for the design, planning and execution of information technology projects, to enable USA Funds® to meet its business goals. This position is responsible for ensuring the right methodology and processes are available to enable effective IT and business collaboration. This position also is responsible for ensuring that risk and compliance requirements are met in a timely and effective manner, and that vendor management processes and procedures are appropriate.
- Ensuring the effective management of Business Consultancy, PMO, Risk and Compliance and Vendor Management teams.
- Ensuring that compliance requirements are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring effective processes to initiate, monitor and close both internal projects and vendor-dependent projects.
- Ensuring creation and tracking of short- to medium-term IT plans for the entire enterprise.
- Collaborating with the CIO and VP, IT Operations, to create, maintain and track a strategic technology plan.
- Collaborating with leaders of other departments to identify and support achievement of business goals.
- Helping to plan and implement an overall governance structure.
- Proactively prioritizing the project portfolio in alignment with business goals.
- Creating and tracking budgets to align investments with partnering with the business.
- Proactively investigating strategies to increase functionality, scalability, security and flexibility while controlling costs.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 15 or more years of related work experience.
- 10 years or more experience in multiple IT and/or PMO roles focused on IT projects.
- 5 or more years’ experience in vendor and contract management.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a management role.
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a variety of IT teams.
Demonstrated ability to partner with business areas to identify and achieve shared goals.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels in an organization.
Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets and financial goals.
This position based in Indianapolis, Ind.
Please reference requisition number 0138 in your application.
Position closed Dec. 15, 2015.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to the Dir. Human Resources at email@example.com