NELA® is a not-for-profit student loan guarantor that administers loans issued under the Federal Family Education Loan Program, primarily for students and parents in the Pacific Northwest. NELA is an affiliate of USA Funds®. Select from the following options for service:
Student- and parent-borrower contacts
- For information about your education loan account(s), call NELA’s service provider, Sallie Mae, toll-free at (888) 272-5543, or call (317) 849-6510.
- If you are in default on your education loan(s), call NELA’s service provider, Sallie Mae, toll-free at (800) 331-2314.
- For information or questions about loans guaranteed by NELA, call NELA’s service provider, Sallie Mae, toll-free at (800) 824-7044, or send an email to email@example.com.
- For information about lender claims, call our claim review staff at (317) 578-6937.
- Access our lender disclosure statement which summarizes NELA's role and activities as an FFELP guarantor.
Financial-aid administrator contacts
- For information about loans guaranteed by NELA, call our service provider, Sallie Mae, at (888) 272-4665.
- For information about USA Funds products, services and programs, call (800) 766-0084 or send us your request.
- Submit questions about federal student aid program policies to USA Funds Ask Policy.
Students and parents planning for college
- Visit the College Planning Resource section of the USA Funds website for assistance in planning and paying for a college education.
- Colleges, universities and nonprofit college planning organizations in Washington state, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska may order quantities of our Paying for College guide for the Pacific Northwest, Make the College Connect.
- Access recorded webcasts on college planning topics.
Mentor 2 College graduates
- If you are a 2012 or 2013 Mentor 2 College graduate and have a question about your scholarship, please contact us here.
- Send us an email message.
- Call us at (800) 562-3001.