Developed by subject matter experts with extensive financial aid training and Title IV policy experience, USA Funds® University offers a curriculum of nearly 40 online courses on a variety of financial aid-related topics. Courses are targeted to beginning and intermediate financial aid staff, new employees and student workers.
A few sample titles from our course catalog:
- General Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements.
- Understanding the FAFSA.
- Calculating Financial Need.
- Understanding the SAR and ISIR.
- Types and Sources of Financial Aid.
- Online Resources for Financial Aid Administrators.
- Calculating the EFC.
- Campus-Based Programs.
- Federal Work-Study Program.
- Loan Consolidation.
- Return of Title IV Funds.
- Overawards and Overpayments.
- Loan Proration.
- Common Audit and Program Review Findings.
- Policies and Procedures.
- Time Management.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Business Etiquette and Office Culture
- FERPA and Confidentiality.
To see a complete list of our online courses, visit our USA Funds University online learning system.
A Proven Learning Approach
We know you and your staff are busy people on tight schedules. So we've designed our courses to include these benefits:
- Learning is on-demand (24/7) and self-paced.
- Courses can be completed in an hour or less.
- The system tracks your learning progress.
- Reporting tool provides completion statuses and quiz scores.
Online courses are also enhanced by the inclusion of a number of helpful features.
"Trainer Tidbits:" Interesting facts and tips sprinkled throughout the lessons.
Lesson Quizzes: Interactive learning checks, designed to enhance knowledge retention and provide feedback.
"Putting it to Work:" Lesson recaps designed to prompt learners to think about how the lesson can be applied to their specific school.
Policy Fact Sheets: Links to the policies that relate to each lesson and support learners as job aids or references for later use.
And all of our tools and solutions come with USA Funds customer service - which includes access to trainers, USA Funds University staff and technical support.